|Cooking with Mamma|
In celebration of fall, and in preparation of a postponed Embassy-wide Halloween celebration, Sidney and I made homemade doughnuts this weekend. I dipped into my precious stash of imported canned pumpkin puree and broke out my new mini doughnut pans in order to make this super fast and easy pumpkin cake doughnut recipe from King Arthur Flour.
If you don’t have a doughnut mold- and how many of us really do- you can use a muffin pan which would probably be easier to fill. The results will be the same; a light and richly flavored pumpkin morsel to help celebrate this autumn season.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two doughnut pans. (I used miniature ones and
reduced my baking time but standard sized ones or even muffin pans will also work).
2) Beat together the oil, eggs sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
3) Add the flour, stirring just until smooth.
4) Fill the wells of the doughnut pans about 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes for miniature doughnuts, 15
minutes for standard sized ones, and 25 minutes for standard sized muffins.
5) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes loosen their edges, and transfer
them to a wire rack to cool. Repeat the baking process until all the batter has been used.
6) Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a pie plate. While the doughnuts are still warm, roll the
doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
7) Cool completely, and wrap airtight; store at room temperature for several days.