Sometimes you need to take your veggies to a whole new level and this is the way to do it. Tomatoes are coming into season here in Albania and there is nothing better than fresh ripe tomatoes. I can eat them as is but sometimes it is nice to dress them up a bit to make them a more complete side dish. These tomatoes can be prepared in a matter of minutes and make a nice accompaniment to grilled steak or chicken. If you don’t have a grill you can cook the tomatoes under a broiler in your oven.
4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Cook until they are hot.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar if desired.
- Serve immediately.