It is Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing you want to do to cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
If you love peanut butter, you’ll be sure to love this dish. Courtesy of The Moosewood Cookbook, you can make tthe peanut sauce while the pasta is cooking making this a quick and easy dinner when paired with a salad. I prefer to eat the noodles at room temperature — especially on hot summer evenings– but they are also good cold or even warmed. I also like to make a double batch since the leftovers make a great packable lunch.
SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
1 pound bucatini or other long pasta
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Cayenne pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the 1/2 cup water until boiling.
- Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and add the water. Carefully mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cider vinegar, cilantro, and cayenne. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add the peanut sauce to the reserved pasta adding a bit of water if needed to loosen the peanut butter.
- For best flavor, serve at room temperature.