If you are looking for a super easy and festive holiday treat, look no further than this chocolate bark from Fine Cooking magazine. Laced with candied ginger and ruby red pomegranate seeds it is sure to please. Wrap it in cellophane bags to give as gifts, put it on a dessert table, or snack on it yourself. I am fortunate to have a pomegranate tree growing in my yard that produces a bounty of the juicy fruit each year. The bark will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days so I love to make a big batch of the bark and give it out as hostess gifts throughout the holiday season.
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1 inch pieces
1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons minced candied ginger
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or waxed paper.
- Pour the chocolate in a wide, shallow microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until it just starts to melt, about 1 minute. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth, heating in additional 15 second increments, if necessary.
- Gently stir in half of the pomegranate seeds.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it into an 8 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle the sea salt and remaining pomegranate seeds over the top of the chocolate, pressing the seeds into the top of the chocolate to secure them in place.
- Refrigerate until fully set, about 30 minutes.
- Break the bark into chunks with your hands being careful not to crush the seeds.