It is Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing you want to do to cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
If you like curry this dish is for you. First, it cooks up fast. Start a pot of rice before you begin chopping your scallions and garlic and in less than half an hour you’ll have dinner on the table. I used cod since its mild firm white flesh cooks up fast and holds together well but you could easily substitute another white fish or even shrimp. Add some crusty bread to sop up the tasty coconut milk sauce and a crisp white wine and your Friday night dinner is complete. Enjoy!
COCONUT RED CURREID COD
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1 lb cod or other firm white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
1 8-ounce can coconut milk
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering.
- Add the scallion whites and red curry paste then sauté one minute.
- Add the garlic and salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cod and stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and mix well.
- Simmer about 4-5 minutes, until the cod is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and scallion greens.
- Serve over rice.