It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water accordingly to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, seed the tomatoes and cut them into a small dice.
- Warm the olive oil in a large saute pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until it just begins to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka.
- Return the pan to medium heat and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the tomato mixture in the saute pan.
- Add the cream and cook, stirring over medium heat until the pasta is well coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes.