Here’s an easy chicken dish adapted from a Cooking Light recipe that is packed with flavor and sure to please the entire family. I’ve turned the dish into a one pan dinner by cooking the chicken and the vegetables in the same skillet. The chicken breasts are simply cooked with a touch of salt, pepper and dried oregano. The addition of tomatoes and olives sautéed with onions and garlic make a simple sauce and when you top it all with some salty feta cheese you have a light and tasty meal. It really doesn’t get much easier than this.
Serve the chicken alongside a fresh Greek salad and some warm pita bread and you are good to go.
GREEK STYLE CHICKEN BREASTS
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Greek olives
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper and oregano.
- When the oil shimmers, place the chicken in the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until it is browned and cooked half way through.
- Flip the chicken over. Add the onions and garlic to the pan around the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the olives and tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and divide among four plates. Divide the sauce over the chicken then top with the parsley, feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.