Do you love banana bread but want something the comes together and bakes up quicker? Or do you always seem to have ripe bananas on hand yet are tired of making the same banana bread? If you answered yes, then these muffins are for you. Adapted from taste.com, these banana muffins are slightly sweet, a little spicy and filled with banana goodness. Best of all they take just 20 minutes to bake meaning you can be eating warm muffins in no time.
Of course, if you have any left, they are also good as a snack or reheated the next morning. Just pop them in the microwave and re-heat them for 15 seconds and you are good to go.
Banana Honey Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl and using a wire whisk, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the brown sugar.
- In large glass measuring cup, or a bowl with a spout, combine the melted butter, milk, honey, vanilla and eggs. Add the mashed bananas and stir well.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and banana mixture.
- Stir until just combined taking take to not over mix the batter. You will have some lumps but that is OK.
- Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
Yields: 12 muffins