It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
Looking for something super easy, fast and satisfying for tonight? Then why not grill up these coffee rubbed steaks from Cuisine at Home magazine? A quick spice rub infuses the meat with tons of flavor without requiring the time marinades take. For the most flavorful rub use freshly ground coffee beans. As for the steaks themselves; I think the marbling in rib eye steaks makes these extra flavorful but you can use whatever cut of meat you prefer. Just add a side dish of your choice, grilled corn on the cob since you already have the grill heated up, crispy smashed roasted potatoes or even jalapeno-Cheddar fried potatoes and you are set for dinner.
Coffee Rubbed Cowboy Steaks
2 boneless rib eye steaks, or other steaks of your choosing
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon sugar
- Lightly oil and preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the coffee, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, thyme and sugar in a small bowl.
- Massage the spice rub onto both sides of the steak.
- Grill the steaks, turning twice, until desired doneness. Depending up the thickness of the meat it will take 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare meat.
- Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.