It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
Here’s an easy dinner to help you ease your way into fall. I love duck and love the fact that it is so readily available here in Belgium. Duck grills up quickly making it the perfect midweek meal. And when you add a fruity glaze the already flavorful duck becomes even better. I love using fruit preserves as a glaze; simply heat the preserves in the microwave and brush onto your meat and you have a deceptively easy topping.
For an extra special treat, serve the duck alongside some duck fat roasted potatoes. Yum!
APPLE KISSED DUCK BREASTS
2 duck breasts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup apple preserves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lightly coat a grill with non-stick cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Score the fat side of the duck breasts in a grid pattern and sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper.
- Combine the apple preserves and the garlic powder in a small microwave proof bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute.
- Generously brush the apple and garlic glaze on the fatty side of the duck breast.
- Place on the grill, scored side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper on the top of the duck and brush with more of the apple glaze.
- Flip the breasts over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Brush the remaining glaze onto the breasts then flip over and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice across the grain and serve immediately.