It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
This is the season of rich and comforting foods. I’m not complaining but sometimes I find myself craving something lighter and healthier and when that happens, this is the perfect dish. Adapted from Cooking Light, this curry proves that just because something is lighter doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on the flavor. Here rich tasting coconut milk blends with green curry, fresh ginger and garlic to create a sauce that is packed with zing. Tofu is my protein of choice with this dish but you can also use shrimp (as was called for in the original recipe), chicken or pork. I love to serve the curry atop a bed of rice noodles jasmine rice is good too. Regardless of which options you choose, this curry comes together quickly making it the perfect end of the week dinner.
THAI GREEN CURRY w/ TOFU & KALE
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok set over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, garlic, and ginger; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in curry paste; sauté 30 seconds then add the carrots, chicken broth, and coconut milk, stirring well to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Fold in kale the sprinkle the entire mixture with the salt. Cook 3 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender.
- Add the tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the tofu is heated through.
- Remove from heat; top with cilantro, lime rind, and juice.
- Serve over rice noodles.