It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
Sometimes the ingredients you have right in front of you make for the best meals. Case in point these tangy marmalade glazed chicken drumsticks. Jams, jellies and marmalades make for the perfect glazes for grilled meats since they are packed with flavor and their sugars caramelized when exposed to heat. This recipe is more of a guideline so feel free to use whatever marmalade you have on hand. I used my own homemade blood orange marmalade but a lemon marmalade would also be good. You can also use whatever chicken parts you prefer. It is really that easy. And tasty. After all grilling season is upon us and the possibilities are endless.
MARMALADE GLAZED DRUMSTICKS
10 chicken drumsticks, trimmer
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup marmalade
- Coat a grill with non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat it to medium high heat.
- Evenly sprinkle all sides of the drumsticks with the garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Brush the chicken with some of the marmalade and place on the grill over direct heat.
- Turn the chicken after 5 minutes, brushing with additional marmalade.
- Continue cooking, turning and brushing the chicken until it is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a fork. This should take between 20 and 25 minutes of total cooking time.