It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
Shrimp is one of my favorite go-to meals. It cooks up fast, is rich yet is mild enough to complement and take on whatever flavor accompanies it. But sometimes simple really is best. Case in point this super easy and equally fast butter drenched shrimp. The shrimp are cooked in a simple sauce of butter and garlic which is ridiculously simple. Add a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of red pepper flakes and you are good to go. I like to serve this on top of a bed of egg noodles but rice tastes good too. Enjoy!
GARLIC & BUTTER SHRIMP
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 pounds peeled shrimp
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic and cook until soft and fragrant but not browned.
- Add the wine to the butter and garlic mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the wok and increase the temperature to medium-high. Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp just turn pink.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to coat and serve immediately.