Here’s a recipe adapted from Cooking Light that makes me think of the Greek Islands. Its fast and easy and since the chicken is cooked on the grill there isn’t any need to turn on a hot oven in the middle of the summer. A simple marinade of fresh lemon juice gives the chicken a juicy and tangy flavor. And while rice is always nice, the addition of feta and fresh basil brings an ordinary side dish to a whole new level. Plus the entire meal comes together quickly. What more can you ask for?
GRILLED LEMON CHICKEN w/ FETA RICE
- Place 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the garlic and the red pepper flakes in a large zip-top bag.
- Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat a grill with non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with half of the salt and half of the black pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill until cooked through, about 12 to 14 minutes per side. Cooking times will vary depending upon the thickness of the meat.
- While the chicken cooks, make the rice according to package instructions.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add rice to the lemon and oil mixture then sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add the feta and basil leaves and toss to combine.Serve the chicken alongside the rice.