It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP & NOODLE STIR FRY
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large wok set over medium high heat.
- When the coconut milk comes to a simmer, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the shrimp and set aside. Discard the milk and wipe down the wok.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat half of the canola oil in the wok set over high heat. Add the crushed garlic cloves and sliced jalapeño pepper; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove mixture from pan and add to the reserved shrimp.
- Add the remaining canola oil to the wok. Add the carrots, green onions, and bell pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and soy sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, the shrimp, garlic, jalapenos and spinach to the wok and cook for 2 minutes.