If you love figs this is the dish for you. Combining the classic Mediterranean ingredients of figs, honey, and mascaropne cheese, this dish is so simple to make. As a bonus, it can be served as an appetizer on a buffet table or as a light dessert or even as snack. Because there are only three ingredients make sure that you use the best quality ingredients you can find. If you don’t have a grill the figs can be cooked under the broiler.
GRILLED FIGS w/ HONEY & MASCARPONE
8 ripe figs
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons honey
- Lightly oil the grill rack or broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat a gas grill or broiler to high.
- Slice the figs in half lengthwise.
- Place a small dollop of mascarpone cheese onto the top of each fig. Drizzle with the honey.
- When the grill is hot, reduce the temperature to medium-high. Place the figs directly onto the grill and close the lid. Cook for 2-3 minute until the cheese melts and the outer skins of the figs just begin to char and turn crisp. Serve immediately.