Zest of one lemon
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, gently blend the powdered sugar, dried lavender flowers, and lemon zest until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the softened butter to the food processor and pulse until the butter has been creamed into the sugar mixture.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Remove the dough from food processor and place it on a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Gently form the dough into an 8-inch log.
- Carefully roll the paper around dough to create a smooth log and chill far at least 4 hours or up to a three days.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 375 degrees and slice the chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
Yields: 36 cookies