Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite treat all year around. But add in a generous dose of cinnamon and these cookies from Cuisine At Home make for a perfect autumn treat. Rich with butter and cinnamon, and of course the chocolate, these cookies are delicious whether they are served warm or cool. Think cinnamon strudel meets chocolate chip cookie. That is what you get with these cookies. Just one bite and you will agree that these just might be the best chocolate chip cookies you have ever tasted. I promise.
CINNAMON SWIRL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
18 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, divided
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups miniature chocolate chips
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place 16 tablespoons of the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar.
- Using an electric mixer set to medium, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, beating until just combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and stir in the flour mixture.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the chocolate chip dough and swirl until slightly combined.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough, set 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Working in batches, bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the cookies have just begun to brown but are still soft and puffy.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 48 cookies