I don’t use my crockpot very often but when I do, I’m reminded of the easy and delicious meals that can be made in it. After all, there is nothing better than walking in the door at the end of a long day and being greeted by the smell of a warm meal waiting for you. It really is so easy……
And because it is fall, my cooking inspiration has turned to all things pumpkin. I’ve been baking up a storm with pumpkin inspired dishes over the past couple of weeks so when I saw the extra can of pumpkin puree sitting in the pantry I was inspired to turn it into an entree. And that is just what I did.
CURRIED PUMPKIN CHICKEN
1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 15 ounce can coconut milk
3 tablespoons red curry paste, more or less to taste depending upon your personal preferences
1 red onion, thinly sliced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Combine the pumpkin puree, coconut milk and curry paste in the bottom of a medium to large sized crock pot.
- Distribute the onion slices evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the sauce then top with the sliced apple.
- Cover the pot and cook the chicken on the low setting for six hours.
- Serve over basmati rice or rice noodles.