Quick breads make for the perfect breakfast or snack and if you love cranberries and have cranberry orange relish leftover from Thursday’s big feast, this bread is the perfect way to use it up. The bread literally comes together in minutes, giving a whole new meaning to the term “quick”. And thanks to the cranberries and double dose of orange, the results are tangy and moist. My favorite way to eat the bread is warm with a pat of butter melted on top. Pair it with a nice cup of tea and you’ll be ready to power ahead into the holidays.
CRANBERRY-ORANGE QUICK BREAD
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 cups cranberry orange relish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, butter and egg, mixing well until blended.
- Stir in the cranberry relish.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely.
Yields: 16 slices