We’ve made it; today is Christmas and your holiday baking should be done. But, if your like me and you love to hide out in your kitchen and bake, your still at it. I know I am. But today’s recipe is super quick and filled with holiday cheer. Merry Christmas!
These buttery cookies from Bake or Break are perfect for your last minute baking. There are only a handful of ingredients which are mixed together in a single bowl. Allow the dough to chill for a bit then bake away. It really couldn’t be easier. You can even make the dough several days ahead of time and keep it wrapped tightly in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake your cookies. And the results? Rich, buttery and filled with cranberry deliciousness in every bite.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the flour, butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined. Dough will be crumbly but will hold together when pinched.
- Mix in the cranberries.
- Gather dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to a 10-inch square, about 1/4-inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 2-inch squares.
- Carefully transfer squares to baking sheets.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields: 25- 2 in ch cookies