It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
I love this fast and flavorful shrimp dish from Cooking Light. It is both light and satisfying and when paired with a crusty loaf of French bread for sopping up all of the tasty broth, it makes for a perfect end of the week dinner. It is so good that it takes me far away from the dreary winter weather we’ve been having and places me on a Greek island. One can dream……….
GREEK SHRIMP w/ WHITE BEANS & FETA
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the fennel, onion, and oregano; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, beans, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp pink.
- Remove the bay leaf, stir in parsley and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta over top.