It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
What makes an already fast dinner even faster? Cooking the entire dish in one pan and that is exactly what you have with this recipe that has been adapted from Cooking Light. The fresh pasta cooks quickly right in the skillet with the vegetables and the cheese. Easy peasy and oh so tasty. Enjoy!
RICOTTA & ARTICHOKE PASTA
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic to pan and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, the artichokes, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil. Stir to combine.
- Cover; reduce the heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and dot the pasta mixture evenly with the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Place pan under broiler. Broil mixture 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle evenly with basil.