It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
There is nothing like a perfectly ripe pear. Sweet and juicy, for me, eating one is a special treat. The only thing that makes a pear better is coupling it with a bit of salty and pungent gorgonzola cheese. In fact, I love this combination so much that both pears and gorgonzola cheese are kitchen staples. So these ingredients were my inspiration for my latest quick and easy “experimental dinner”. (“Experimental dinners” are what I affectionately refer to when I’m pulling together a dish for the first time). And after eating this dinner my entire family agreed that this meal was a success. Not only was it delicious but it was truly fast–as in I was able to pull all of the ingredients together and have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
RAVIOLI w/ GORGONZOLA & PEARS
12 ounces fresh 4-cheese ravioli, cooked according to package instructions
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
dash freshly grated nutmeg
4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- While the ravioli is cooking, heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-low heat.
- When the butter has melted add the shallot and saute, stirring occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes or until the shallots are beginning to soften.
- Add the pears and stir gently taking care not to break the slices. Saute for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the pears are soft.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the skillet and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Divide the ravioli between four serving dishes then sprinkle with the gorgonzola cheese.
- Serve immediately.