Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? I know I certainly do so when the craving strikes these bars from Add A Pinch are the perfect treat. These taste like a homemade Reese Peanut Butter Cup only better. They are also ridiculously easy; so easy that it is almost embarrassing. There is even no need to turn on the oven so technically you aren’t even baking. But they are so good that you too will find yourself making them again and again.
PEANUT BUTTER BARS
For the crust:
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1½ cups creamy peanut butter
For the topping:
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a large mixing bowl mixing until well-combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly into a 9×13 baking dish making sure to push the crust into the corners of the dish.
- Place the remaining peanut butter and the chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute at a time on 80% power. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the peanut butter bar base and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into individual bars.
Yields 36 bars