It’s Fast Friday again and time for another fast and fabulous dinner suggestion. If you are anything like me, by the time Friday rolls around the last thing I want to do is cook a big meal yet we all still have to eat. The dishes featured in this series aren’t necessarily fancy but they bring together simple ingredients most people already have in their pantries or have easy access to and allow you to put a real meal on the table in between 30 and 45 minutes. Enjoy and if you have your own fast recipes you want to share, please send them my way and I will in turn share them with all of my readers.
Who doesn’t love an easy yet tasty pasta meal? I know I certainly do and this chicken pasta dish adapted from the Noble Pig doesn’t disappoint. The chicken adds protein to the dish while the addition of spinach makes this a complete one pot meal. The feta and olives give the dish a Mediterranean flair. Depending upon what I have on hand, I’ve used both Greek and Spanish olives so simply choose one you like. If you are short on time or have leftovers, use rotisserie or pre-cooked chicken. Simply add the chicken in during the final step and cook until heated through.
GREEK CHICKEN PASTA
12 ounces spaghetti
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces baby spinach
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
1 cup whole olives of your choosing
1 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook spaghetti as package directs.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and tossing regularly, cook until browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the onion and the garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, wine, oregano, chile flakes, olives, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the chicken and spinach mixture and cook over medium heat until warmed, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and top with feta cheese.